Monday, December 24, 2007
The Lai Family's top ten memories of 2007
1. Doug finally finishing his Master's degree in elementary math education this past June. It took him two long years, but he did it. We are very proud of him.
2. In July Seth and Ethan turned two. They each had their very own car cake, but the part they loved best was opening presents. We can't wait to see what they do on Christmas morning.
3. Spending vacation in Mexico with not just Doug's family, but my family as well. We had a great time visiting the beautiful beaches and Mayan ruins. However it wasn't so fun when half of our luggage got lost on the flight to Mexico and wasn't found until two days before the end of our trip.
4. Painting the main floor of our house. It is nice to finally have some color on the walls.
5. Watching Seth and Ethan stalk cats. They sure do love cats although I am pretty sure the cats don't love them. Maybe it has something to do with the evil little laugh they make when they get near a cat.
6. Seeing Doug's head shaved completely bald. He has challenged his class for the past four years to memorize all of their times tables, and last year was the first time that everyone in the class was able to do it. As a result he had to keep his promise that he would shave his head. His class had a great time watching this and Erica had fun doing it.
7. Seth and Ethan proofing our home. As soon as we think we've outsmarted them they seem to figure out something new to get into. For now though, the bungee cords holding the chairs to our dining room table and the oven shut seem to be working.
8. Teaching Seth and Ethan to trick or treat. This year they were dressed as dinosaurs and Doug and I were cavemen. While the boys wouldn't say trick or treat at each door we went to, they would always take the candy they were offered.
9. After living in our home for almost four years, our yard is finally finished complete with a fence. Now we can let the boys go out and play without fear of them falling off the "cliff" in our backyard or running out in the street.
10. Finding out we are expecting a baby at the end of May. We don't know yet if it is a boy or girl, but we do know that there is only one baby in there this time.
We hope you are all doing well and wish you the best in the upcoming New Year.
The Lai's – Doug, Erica, Seth and Ethan
Check out the following links:
The Lai's Elfed
"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we
stop playing" -G. Shaw
See what all the buzz is about: www.douglai.simplyfun.com
Posted by Douglas Lai at 5:23 PM
Sunday, November 4, 2007
Yes that's right were expecting a baby at the end of May. Perhaps we're a little crazy to be wanting another one when we already have two two year olds, but its too late now. The best thing of all though is there is only one little baby there. Not that we wouldn't have loved two. I just don't think I could have handled it.
Posted by Douglas Lai at 5:19 PM
For Halloween the boys dressed up as dinosaurs and Doug and I were cave people. We had lots of fun trick or treating and the boys sure loved all the candy they got. Seth couldn't decide which sucker to eat first so he took a bite of one and then another and another. I am surprised they didn't get sick with all the candy they ate that night.
Posted by Douglas Lai at 5:14 PM
If you look really close you can see mud smeared all over the window. Doug went to get the boys up one morning a few weeks ago to find them "coloring" on the window. The dirt in the window track had gotten wet and they thought it would be a good idea to color the window with it. To top it all off Seth had managed to take off his pajamas and diaper. Hopefully none of our neighbors saw our little stripper as he colored in the window.
Posted by Douglas Lai at 4:59 PM
While we were up in Idaho a few weekends ago, we spent some time visiting with some friends at one of those play zones for kids. The boys sure had fun playing in the balls and running through the obstacle course. It was good to get some of their energy out before the long ride home.
While in Idaho we went to visit my cousin Amy who has twin boys, Kooper and McKay, just two months younger than Seth and Ethan. They all thought it was great fun to jump through the holes on their trampoline. Seth and Ethan couldn't decide which kitty to hold so they just grabbed them, all and Kooper and McKay showed off their football poses.
Wednesday, October 3, 2007
The other day we pulled into the drive through at the bank and as we were sitting there all of the sudden from the back seat I hear "French Fries!", "Hamburger!" Sorry boys, but they don't serve french fries at the bank. Really we don't go to fast food that often, but apparently it is often enough that they expect food to come out of every window we pull up to. :)
Posted by Douglas Lai at 10:15 AM
Sunday, September 23, 2007
So we have a wedding coming up Friday and I decided to give a try at Mom's machine upstairs. My first attempts were not that great. I managed to break 3 needles. So this morning I decided to watch the video. I found I was threading it wrong. I put it through the tension that was only for threading a bobbin. But in the end I got it done. Next time will move it down a little in the machine so it is not so high.
Posted by Douglas Lai at 1:18 PM