Monday, December 24, 2007
The Lai Family's top ten memories of 2007
1. Doug finally finishing his Master's degree in elementary math education this past June. It took him two long years, but he did it. We are very proud of him.
2. In July Seth and Ethan turned two. They each had their very own car cake, but the part they loved best was opening presents. We can't wait to see what they do on Christmas morning.
3. Spending vacation in Mexico with not just Doug's family, but my family as well. We had a great time visiting the beautiful beaches and Mayan ruins. However it wasn't so fun when half of our luggage got lost on the flight to Mexico and wasn't found until two days before the end of our trip.
4. Painting the main floor of our house. It is nice to finally have some color on the walls.
5. Watching Seth and Ethan stalk cats. They sure do love cats although I am pretty sure the cats don't love them. Maybe it has something to do with the evil little laugh they make when they get near a cat.
6. Seeing Doug's head shaved completely bald. He has challenged his class for the past four years to memorize all of their times tables, and last year was the first time that everyone in the class was able to do it. As a result he had to keep his promise that he would shave his head. His class had a great time watching this and Erica had fun doing it.
7. Seth and Ethan proofing our home. As soon as we think we've outsmarted them they seem to figure out something new to get into. For now though, the bungee cords holding the chairs to our dining room table and the oven shut seem to be working.
8. Teaching Seth and Ethan to trick or treat. This year they were dressed as dinosaurs and Doug and I were cavemen. While the boys wouldn't say trick or treat at each door we went to, they would always take the candy they were offered.
9. After living in our home for almost four years, our yard is finally finished complete with a fence. Now we can let the boys go out and play without fear of them falling off the "cliff" in our backyard or running out in the street.
10. Finding out we are expecting a baby at the end of May. We don't know yet if it is a boy or girl, but we do know that there is only one baby in there this time.
We hope you are all doing well and wish you the best in the upcoming New Year.
The Lai's – Doug, Erica, Seth and Ethan
Check out the following links:
The Lai's Elfed
"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we
stop playing" -G. Shaw
See what all the buzz is about: www.douglai.simplyfun.com
Posted by Douglas Lai at 5:23 PM