Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Weigh In

So Eden had her weigh in yesterday, and thank goodness she has gained some weight. So no feeding tube. Yeah! We did increase the concentration of her formula because she is still under weight. But she is growing some. I just got a call from the nurse who told me her zinc levels are low which could be the cause for her decreased appetite. Their suggestion for this is Cold EZ. Hopefully it won't make her throw up. She has been doing enough of that lately with her other medicine.

The nurse also told me that her total bili is 1.o. That is in the normal range. Woo hoo! Time for some happy dancing. Also some more good news is that she finally let me feed her with a spoon yesterday and I think she actually liked it. That will help with the weight gain too.

And one more thing. Her first tooth broke through on Sunday. This was a huge surprise to me since Seth and Ethan didn't get any until a week before there first birthday. If I can get a picture of it I will post it.

Thanks again for all of your prayers and support. I know that many prayers have been answered on Eden's behalf in the past year and pray that this next year will offer more of the same.

3 comments:

a.men said...

Yeah! We are doing the happy dance with you! I am so glad that she gained some weight!

Chandra said...

Yeah! This is a sweet beginning to the new year. We are praying for you guys, especially little EDEN.
Happy New Year!!!

mistyp said...

Yeah for more good news! Keep up the great work!