Friday, September 25, 2009

The latest step on the road to transplant

Today I had an MRI of my abdomen to measure my liver and look at my bile ducts and such in preparation for donation. This was the second to last step that needs to be taken before I can donate. I still need to have a consultation with the transplant surgeon but that will be happening with in the next week I believe. Then on the 5th of next month Eden will go in for her next clinic visit and at that time I believe we will be setting a date for surgery. I am anxious to get on with the transplant as I know this is the only way Eden will get better, but at the same time it terrifies me. All the what ifs keep going through my head and I look at her and see how happy she is and wonder if this is right time for this. But then again I don't want to wait until she is extremely ill for her transplant to occur. It is hard to believe sometimes that she is sick, but I believe it is her happy, feisty personality that will get her through this. As for me, there is not much else I can do but put my trust in God and let Him work this modern day miracle because that is truly what this is. How else would you describe being able to take a portion of my liver and put it into her little body and have it work for her? For those who think that God no longer performs miracles think again.

Ok enough of my ramblings here's a picture for you...

Yummy chips! Her favorite treat.

6 comments:

Nathan + Gemma said...

We are praying for you both. What a miracle that you are a suitable candidate for this procedure but also what a sacrifice to go through it. I know as parents we would do anything for our children but truly you are an incredible example. Good luck!!!

Emmy said...

I will definitely pray for you both. You are so right, miracles do still happen.
And I love that picture!

Jennifer said...

You, Eden, and your family are in our prayers. We pray you continue to have the strength and courage to get through this trail. God does work miracles and I believe this miracle will work out just fine. It is pretty scary, I'm sure. But God is good. We love you keep up with the updates. Good luck!!!

Sandy said...

Erica, we also keep praying for you and Eden. I know this has been difficult for you to go through.It brought tears to my eyes reading your blog, but you are both being watched over, I know she will be ok, I have felt it since she had the surgery last year. we love and appreciate all that you do and will do for our grandchildren.

Indiana Haffners said...

I'm happy for you and Eden. A mixed kind of happy. :) Sounds like there are a lot of good people with you in their prayers - you'll be alright! We'll pray for you too!

mistyp said...

Hope things continue to go well. She's a cutie!