Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Tales of a paranoid germaphobe

First, sorry for no explanations with the last post. The pictures posted funny and I couldn't figure out how to add text in. Suffice it to say the kiddos had a good time. Eden especially loved wearing her costume and digging through the candy. Don't dare put any in her mouth though. Silly kid!

So back to the title of my post. I have recently become a paranoid germaphobe. Clorox wipes are my new love. I don't know how much good they actually do, but they're better than nothing. I don't think I can handle postponing surgery again so I don't want to risk any germies making there way in. Also, Doug has now taken to showering off all the school kid germs as soon as he comes home. Per my "suggestion". He is a good sport about it, though, because I don't think he could handle postponing any longer either. To top it all off the boys haven't been to school for the past two weeks, and are starting to drive me crazy but it will all be worth it in the end. Just six more days till surgery. We can make it without getting sick. In the meantime, pray we stay free of the sickies and I don't go crazy waiting. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You would appreciate this tip I just learned about. My child came home from school saying that they learned to cough and sneeze into their elbow with Germy Wormie, and I was totally taken aback. I always covered with my hands. But I went to the website and now I get it, hands touch, elbows don't!! Kids can touch 300 surfaces in 1/2 hour and they hate to wash their hands. This is a simple thing that can make a huge difference.

Nathan + Gemma said...

We are praying for you that you both stay well for the surgery! I hope it works out sooner rather than later. Thank you so much for the comment you left on our blog we had decided to get the shots but sometimes I read peoples opinions and I just get scared. So it really helped what you wrote. Glad to hear you were all ok from it. Good luck with the surgery we're thinking of you!