Thursday, January 21, 2010

Eden's Yucky Old Liver

So we finally got the pictures of Eden's old liver from medical records. Beware its not very pretty. Its amazing that she was still functioning and happy with that thing in her. I am just happy that she now has a nice pink healthy liver inside of her, and what a difference that has made. She is doing great and getting into all sorts of mischief like throwing my cell phone into the garbage can. I didn't realize she had done this until after I dumped the garbage can and took it out. She is a bright little girl and always laughing. Its like she has her own little inside joke.

Her new liver is doing great! I got a call from her transplant coordinator today who said her labs from earlier this week look "fantastic." Music to my ears.



8 comments:

Marquesa said...

Yikes! that is one bad looking liver! I am so glad she is doing good and that labs are right on:) Take care and Nick and I are excited to see you guys again this spring.

Emmy said...

So glad she is doing well even if it means getting into mischief :)

Julia said...

It's incredible we can be out with the old, in with the new to save our beautiful girls--who will live such good, meaningful lives. I love you guys!!
xoxo
liz
sorry im signed in alot under my sissy, cause she has more privy on lulus blog

Jared said...

It really is a miracle that God has given us the knowledge to perform operations such as this. It seems so routine now but truly this is a gift from God. We are so happy that Eden continues to do much better!

The House that James Built said...

our paths must cross..what time? u can leave a comment it comes to my blackberry or text me. 8016748023

April said...

Hi I am Lulu's milk Mama... following the liver girls blogs, yours, lulu's and lydia's. Good to hear things are up for you and your little one...
April

mistyp said...

Yikes! That's amazing to see though!

debragaye said...

I am so thankful you and Eden are both doing so well. Our little neighborhood and ward have all witnessed a beautiful miracle. It is amazing what Primary Children's can do to save these precious little ones. She deserves to be mischievous. She has been so good natured and a trooper through all of her trials.